I recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to support the YMCA of Greater Houston. As a board member with the the Y, I have seen first-hand how the organization is making a difference in the lives of youth and families in our community.
At the Y, we impact thousands of lives every year through the programs we offer in the areas of eliminating drowning, improving academic performance, eliminating chronic disease and childhood obesity and creating opportunities for social equity. We strive to offer to members of our community an environment that fosters personal growth, leadership skills and healthy relationships.
Your support to our cause makes a true impact, allowing us to help those who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford to participate in Y programs. We believe that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and neighbors.
Here are some facts that will help you see how a gift of any size helps the Y provide services for family and kids that otherwise would not have access. Did you know that:
- $50 Enables one child to stay active with a season of Youth sports.
- $100 Provides two children a session of life-saving swim lessons.
- $250 Helps a family grow stronger through a weekend at a YMCA Camp Cullen family Camp.
- $500 Provides one family access to a YMCA membership for an entire year.
- $1000 Gives one child an entire summer of fun, education and connection at summer day camp.
- $2500 Allows ten kids to achieve more through a month of after school care.
- $5000 Sponsors a month of apartment outreach programming in an underserved community.
Please consider making a gift today and support our efforts to strengthen our community through the YMCA.